ALSO SEE OUR GDPR POLICY HERE
How we will use the information about you
Here at EqualFeet we take your privacy seriously we collect, use and store your personal data so that we can offer you the products and services you expect from us. We see your personal data as just that: it's yours. So we will always be clear and upfront with you about what we do with your personal data, and (of course) you have control over it.
We collect your personal data for three main reasons:
• To process any orders you make and to deliver those orders to you.
• To personalise, report on and improve the products and services we provide to you.
• To send you special offers, often tailored to what you have told us you would like to hear about.
• For audit.
• For statistical analysis.
We will not share your information with any other organisations except the courier/royal mail for shipping purposes.
• That you can control the personal data you provide us with and that we will always be transparent about how we collect and use it.
• We will always tell you what personal data we are collecting from you, the means by which we will collect it and how we will use it. We will only use your personal data for the purposes we originally told you about.
• We will always use market-leading technology and software to ensure that your personal data is secure and when we ask another organisation to provide services to us which involve sharing your personal data with them, we will always make sure they have appropriate security measures.
• We will send you marketing communications as we believe we have a legitimate interest in doing so; however, we will always offer you a clear and simple means of changing your preferences whenever you want to (including when you first become a customer).Who we are
Equalfeet Ltd "EqualFeet" is a registered in England with company number 13263857.
Our registered office is: 11 Malin Hill, The Lace Market, Nottingham, NG1 1JQ United Kingdom.
EqualFeet is an online custom orthotic insole manufacturer.
We send a foam impression kit to customers who take a mould of their feet, this is 3D scanned in our lab and combined with a health questionnaire to design and manufacture custom orthotics.
If you have any questions about how we look after your personal data, you can contact us:
• In writing, at the address above. Please mark your letter for the attention of the Data Protection Officer.
• By email to this address: Technical@equalfeet.com
• By telephone on 0115 959 8491 How do we collect your personal data
We collect your personal data in two main ways:
(1) When you give it to us directly.
When you create a customer account, visit our website, communicate with us or purchase our products or services, you may choose to give us certain information. For example, when you give us your name and address, tell us about your product preferences or when clicking on active buttons such as 'BUY NOW' when making an online purchase.
(2) When our systems collect information or personal data as you use our website.
Whenever you use the website, information gets recorded automatically by the IT systems used to operate the website. The most common type of information collected is in the form of cookies (small text files sent by your computer each time you visit our website) but can also include personal data transferred by the electronic device you use to access our website and its settings. The manufacturer of your device, or the provider of the operating system, will have details about what information your device shares with us.Links
This website may contain links to other sites and EqualFeet are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware of this and when they leave our site to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by our website.What categories of personal data do we collect?
We may collect the following information about you:
• Your name and contact details.
This can include your postal, billing and delivery addresses, your telephone number(s), including, if you provide it, your mobile number; and your email address.
• Purchases and orders made by you.
• Your payment card details when you purchase our products or services. This is collected by the card company STRIPE or Paypal depending on which option you choose. They have extremely secure systems. We do not hold your card details ourselves. Please visit Stripe
for their own privacy policies.
• When you set up an account with us, your password (which we encrypt) and your marketing preferences.
• Your on-line browsing history on our website.
• Your correspondence with us.
We will need to process some of your personal data to fulfil any orders you place and to comply with the law. For example:
• We will share your name, address and, where applicable, telephone number with our carriers. For example as Royal Mail.
• We will share your payment details with our bank or clearing house so that we can process payment for your order. This is not performed by our company but the card processing companies discussed above. How and why do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data:
• To send you the products and services you have purchased.
• To improve the range of offers and associated products we offer you and to help identify new products and services in the future.
• To allow you to post links to our products on social media.
• To manage any accounts you have registered with us so that (i) we can provide you with products and services; (ii) you can place orders; and (iii) we can fulfil those orders and communicate with you about them.
• To verify your identity.
• To detect and prevent fraud and other illegal activities (and to assist regulators, trade bodies and law enforcement agencies in relation to the same).
• To carry out research to better understand your views on our products and services.
• To allow you to continue enjoying our excellent customer service.
• To comply with the law.Our legitimate interests
"Legitimate Interests" means the interests of our company in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best products and services, and the best and most secure experience.
For example, we have an interest in marketing our products and services to you, and making sure our marketing is relevant for you. Therefore, we may process your information to send you marketing that is tailored to your interests.
It can also apply to processing that is in your interests as well. For example, we may process your information to protect you against fraud when transacting on our website, and to ensure our websites and systems are secure.
When we process your personal information for our legitimate interests, we make sure to consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative), and your rights under data protection laws. Our legitimate business interests do not automatically override your interests - we will not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
You can opt out of our marketing communications at any time by contacting us on 0115 959 8491 or Technical@equalfeet.com
In addition to sending you marketing communications, we rely on our legitimate interests to process your personal data so that we can:
• Improve our existing products and services, and develop new ones.
• Provide you with a quality customer service experience.
• Protect you, our employees and our business.When do we share your personal data
We do not rent or sell your personal information to anyone. We may share and disclose information about our customers in the following limited circumstances.
When we share your personal data, we make sure that it remains secure:
We will only send to third parties the personal data that is necessary for the purposes it is required for.
We share your data as follows:
With core service providers to enable our business to function
We rely on a set of external companies to provide us with services that enable our business to run properly. Our core service providers include the courier companies we use to deliver our products to you; banks and clearing houses to process your payments; companies we use to carry out fraud protection and age verification checks; IT services providers; companies to help us with our marketing; and partners through which we provide our online shop.With regulators and law enforcement agencies when required to do so by law
We are required to co-operate with regulators (like the Information Commissioner's Office or HMRC) and law enforcement agencies (like the police or the Serious Fraud Office) in every country we operate in. Although it does not happen often, regulators and law enforcement agencies can require us to share information with them as part of an investigation; this may include your personal data. We would have to disclose your personal data where we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the regulator or crime enforcement agency's demand.
When we think it is reasonably necessary to protect you or us
Occasionally businesses are subject to attempted criminal activities; this can affect both us and you. We will take all reasonable steps to protect you and our business but sometimes we may need to share your personal data where we think it is reasonably necessary to:
• Detect, monitor, investigate or prevent any suspected illegal activities, fraud or security issues.
• Enforce our terms and conditions and to protect your and our rights and property.
• Investigate and defend any third party claims or allegations.How long do we hold your personal data for
We will not keep your personal data for longer than is necessary for the purposes described in this policy.
As a guide:
• we will keep personal data while your account is active. In addition we will store your 3D foot scan files securely so that you can re-order at any point without needing to re-post a new foam impression kit. If you would like this file deleted, contact us on 0115 959 8491 or Technical@equalfeet.com
• we may keep certain categories of personal data after your account is closed in order to meet any legal or regulatory requirements, or to resolve a legal dispute.
• and, because of this, we may keep different types of personal data for different lengths of time (for instance, we may need to keep certain personal data relating to your purchases in order to comply with HMRC's VAT reporting requirements).